We are still immersed in the midst of cold and flu season which means we should continue to take extra precautions in maintaining our health as we train as cyclists. Here’s 5 ways to stay healthy during the winter season from bicycling.com. They are a good reminder to all of us.
- Continue to train. Physical activity can aid in germ fighting.
- Wear a gaiter. When your neck gets cold our immunity tends to plummet and diseases can arise. Cover your neck.
- Get enough sleep. Sleeping fewer than six hours a night can lower your immune-system responses when under virus attack.
Get a good seven to nine hours of rest.
- Stay hydrated. Winter air can be dehydrating so drink a lot of water.
- Wash your hands. Germ live on surfaces that we touch every day so to avoid getting sick wash your hands often.
Read entire article for more tips at bicycling.com.